Anime Style Horror Game 'Tokyo Dark' Is Coming to PS4 and Switch
by Dylan Blight
Originally released in September 2017, the anime style horror game Tokyo Dark developed by Cherrymochi was published under the Square Enix Collective after a successful Kickstarter campaign and released on Steam to moderately positive reviews. Now it will now be making its way to the PS4 and Nintendo Switch with new features as Tokyo Dark: Remembrance.
The description for Tokyo Dark: Remembrance and its features are listed below, but no release date is listed as of now but we'll keep out eye out for more on this release.
'Tokyo Dark is an anime-style horror adventure game. The story follows Detective Itō across Tokyo, searching for the truth behind her partner's strange disappearance. Featuring puzzles, stat management, and difficult decisions, Tokyo Dark puts the narrative in the hands of the player. Players' decisions change Itō's character, opening or locking options and leading to more than 10 different endings, including new ones added in this special edition.'
- Branching story with more than 10 different endings (including a New Game+ exclusive ending).
- Difficult decisions - every action affects Detective Itō's attributes and options.
- Beautiful anime-style character art, with locations inspired by real locations in Tokyo.
- Original soundtrack by Reign of Fury frontman Matt 'Bison' Steed.
- Animated sequences produced by Graphinica, a world-class animation studio.
- Localization by Japanese novelist Ureshino Kimi.
- The S.P.I.N (Sanity, Professionalism, Investigation, Neurosis) system keeps track of every decision you make, changing how other characters react and the actions available to you.
Check out the trailer for Tokyo Dark below: