'Call Of Cthulhu' Gameplay Teases Cosmic Horrors
by Dylan Blight
New gameplay from Cyanide Studios upcoming Call of Cthulu game teases coming horrors as protagonist Edward Pirce begins his investigation at the Hawkins Mansion.
Pierce, a private investigator, has been hired to investigate the mysterious death of Sally Hawkins. He travels to Darkwater Island, where the not-too-ominous named island starts to open up dark secrets.
Although this gameplay video is early in the game you can see several key mechanics in action including conversation choices, RPG-like ability growth and an investigation system.
Some of the lip-syncing is off for the character models but hopefully that'll be fixed before the game released on October 30th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The press-release provided a list of key feature which is below, along with the gameplay video for Call of Cthulhu for you to check out.
- Investigative RPG set in the Lovecraft Universe, developed with Unreal Engine 4.
- Play as Edward Pierce and shed light on the Sarah Hawkins murder, while facing the horrors of a grim island filled with monstrosities lurking in the dark.
- Doubt your own senses and experience true madness, thanks to the game’s unique sanity and psychosis crisis mechanics. Enhance your character’s abilities and use new skills to discover the truth.
- Recruit and lead a small team of investigators, sending them across the island to solve various cases.
- Experience rich, open exploration, full of deep dialogue with meaningful choices that impact the narrative and relationships with your companions.